12.10.2019

Creating Our Own "The Best of MY Year" Lists


Tired of the "best of the year" lists?

Discouraged by all the apparent success of other artists?

Falling into the trap of comparing yourself and your work to others?

Turn this around! Create your OWN "The Best of My Year" list.

Write down: 

    what excited you this year about your art or writing

    what you're grateful for as pertains to your art or writing and your goals

    what you did this year to propel your story forward and/or to propel your career forward

    what you did to invest in your art or writing

    what you did to invest in yourself

Bring it back to you and your creativity.
That's what matters most. 
Hard to do, I know, but worth it.
You're worth it.
(And separate from social media if you have to!)





4 comments:

  1. There are so many books born each year that making it to a "Best Of" list is extremely difficult. However, when I was first published, I didn't realize that, and eagerly scanned each list for my title. When I didn't make it to any of them, I was so discouraged and felt like a failure. Your technique is a fabulous counter to the trap of comparing ourselves to other artists. Thank you! And Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I am going to take you up on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete